HNMS’s mission is to provide meteorological support for the benefit of the National Defence, the National Economy and the Society as a whole.
As the leading and certified met service provider in Greece, our permanent goal is to continually develop and improve ourselves.
More specifically, our quality policy targets in supporting aviation and shipping are:
- To provide reliable weather observations and forecasts to the national and international aviation and shipping.
- To provide early warnings in case of adverse weather phenomena.
- To provide thorough and concrete aeronautical information according to the International Organizations’ specifications and the end users requirements.
- To provide prompt aeronautical information within the time limits specified by the International Organizations with the use of state of the art technology.
- To provide marine meteorological support as part of World Wide Met Ocean Information Warning Services and Maritime Safety Information according to the requirements of National and International Organizations.
In order to achieve these objectives we commit ourselves to the following principles:
- Systematic monitoring of the international standards in force ensuring their application in HNMS’s processes.
- Regular cooperation with the international Meteorological Organizations and European Meteorological Centers for the atmospheric models development.
- Employing highly competent personnel providing continuous and specialized training.
- Continuous meteorological stations network infrastructure upgrade.
- Constant maintenance and calibration of measuring equipment.
- Conducting studies in collaboration with national research institutions in the field of atmospheric sciences.
- In house software development for operational purposes.
- Implementation of the EN ISO 9001:2015 requirements as well as of all institutional affairs related to our operation.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
Brigadier General Nikolaos Vogiatzis
Director General. HNMS